Your website should be one of your most valuable marketing tools. If it’s not then it’s time to make some changes so that it becomes a strong sales tool for your business. Below are 5 signs that it might be time to invest in updating your website.
1. Your Website Isn’t Responsive – If your website does not reformat itself for users who are viewing your website on a mobile phone or tablet then you are in big trouble! It doesn’t matter what industry you are in, customers are using mobile phones and tablets to search for products and services more than they are using desktop computers. If a potential client hits your website and realizes that they need to pinch and scroll to view the information on your site they will leave and move on to the next site (most likely one of your competitors) until they find a site that is easy for them to view on their device. Google has also recently started to penalize websites that are not responsive, by ranking them lower in searches than website that are responsive.
2. Your Website Isn’t Easy To Edit – If your website isn’t built on a content management system where you have access to make updates to your own website then it is time to convert your site. Even Content Management systems have come a long way over the last few years. WordPress now offers a convenient drag-and-drop editor that allows you to add columns, tabs, image galleries and more – all at the click of a button.
3. Your Website Design Is Dated – Websites used to be a great place to display as much information about your company as possible. While this is still true there is one major factor that has changed – the way that people want to view that information. Website visitors no longer take the time read long paragraphs and pages worth of text. They want the information displayed to them in a more visually appealing way – images, charts, interactive elements and videos. If your website has more text than it does visual elements you are missing out on making a lasting impression on potential customers.
4. Your Website Visitors Aren’t Converting – This is a huge problem and could be due to a variety of factors. One issue could be the structure of your website. How many steps/pages are you requiring a visitor to take before they hit your call to action? Does your site have a clear call to action or multiple ways for a client to reach you? We know that new leads are important to growing your business so during a website update this is a key factor for Our Team.
5. You Aren’t Using Your Website To Its Full Potential – Many clients don’t realize that a well designed and developed website can help save them time – allowing customers to fill out forms and information online instead of calling in, creating specific landing pages for different advertising campaigns to track traffic and ROI, collecting resume’s and so much more.
If you answered yes to any of the above items then it is time to update your website and add all the new features available to increase your leads and streamline your sales process. In 6-8 weeks you can have a new website up and running for your business and you will start seeing results almost immediately!